Anna Herman's Originals

Anna Herman's Originals
American made

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Slow ECO Fashion

Hermans ECO INC. has always  done one of a kind pieces. Buying  great vintage cloth  that was never used and making clothes . When I first started  it kept me in Business. Low cost and no outstanding debt. I have ideas for all the  things I collect . I can make a beach blanket bingo pants from that or  thats a pictorial, its the endangered species series ETC. I have  many trims you just can't go out to the store and buy them  . now it seems they are mostly ugly & polyester. Not that I'm picky !!!!!
  Then you need to know how to sew. When I started I wasn't that good of a seamtress . Sewing is not valued in  Amerca and it should be its hard work. My customers liked my originals it anyway. I didn't even know there was a front & back to a sleeve.  Slow Eco  is great because you don't have to make 500 of one thing. Its great for US production. Then I can just take a picture  and put it on the internet . I   can make something similair but I'm out of exactly that. The Fashion world has alwas tried to make me feel like I'm not big enough or good enough,but I am . Hey when  you are getting knocked off you are good enough . The supreme complement.
So I want all of you to start and make something it doesn't have to be perfect. enjoy.
Eco Fashion   is often still made in  sweatshops.  Just because its  organic doesn't mean the people who made it were paid well.  Do you think they are  making ECO Fashion in LA in the Sweatshops where the illegals are being paid under the table $ 2.00 an hour ? Sure . That makes me Mad. So buy less, pay alittle more & get a ethically made  pair of shorts or what ever you want. Feel free to  comment . Change is coming .
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment